Friday, May 1, 2009

Roast Beef, Roasted Potatoes/Carrots, Broccoli

My son announced yesterday morning that he "loves Broccoli" which I found hysterical as he had never eaten broccoli for me previously. He then proceeded to tell me that he wanted "Roast Beef (also not a regular dinner item at my house),Broccoli and Corn" for dinner.

So, this is what we had:
Roast Beef
Roasted New Potatoes with a few carrots tossed in for good measure
Corn
Steamed Broccoli

He was so excited about the broccoli as he took his 1st bite. Then he spit it out and said "I don't think that I like broccoli, Mommy". So I grabbed the Ranch dressing from the refrigerator and asked that he try dipping it. He liked this better but he only had the one bite before moving on to the other items on his plate.

I will definitely be re-testing broccoli in the near future. Now, if only my husband liked broccoli.

1 comment:

  1. I have the opposite problem...Alex runs to the broccoli in the market and starts pulling it off right then and there and eating it. He says he likes it raw better than cooked. So I cut some tiny florets or trees and he likes them. It may be worth trying with your little guy...can't hurt. :)

    ReplyDelete